~ Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep Medicine ~
Please visit our Patient Education page for information on many conditions we treat.
Specialties of Our Practice
- Pulmonary Medicine
Board-Certified Pulmonologists offering diagnosis and treatment of adult patients since 1973. Our physicians head the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at both Underwood Memorial Hospital and Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Critical Care Medicine
Board-Certified and Board-Eligible physicians ensure the highest level of care for our most severely ill patients. We practice evidence-based critical care to ensure you are receiving state-of-the-art medicine.
- Sleep Medicine
Board-Certified and Board-Eligible physicians offering diagnosis and treatment at The Center for Sleep Medicine at Underwood Memorial Hospital and The Sleep Center at Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Interventional Treatment and Diagnostic Procedures
- Morgan Body Box Plethysmography - Assessment of Spirometry, Absolute Lung Volumes, Airflow Resistance and Diffusion Measurements
- Thoracentesis — Removal of fluid around the lung (pleural effusion)
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy — Inspection of the airways and lungs to diagnose lung tumors, infections, such as pneumonia, or to remove secretions or foreign objects.
- PleurX catheter placement — For Out-Patient management of malignant and chronic pleural effusions.
- Argon plasma coagulator — Tool to burn away tumors and scars inside of the airways.
- Pleuroscopy with pleurodesis — To diagnose and treat diseases of the pleura or lining around the lung. These conditions are often caused by occupational exposure and some cancers, or infections and inflammatory diseases.
- Airway stenting — To open breathing tubes blocked by tumors.
- Pulmonary Function Studies — Test to measure lung capacity and function.
- PAP management — Home medical equipment used to correct sleep apnea
This is where you can feature something special about the practice, highlight a new service, link to a news article, etc.
It's up to you. You can then add a link, such as to the services page, for them to learn more about the featured item.